I develop and facilitate workshops that respond to the needs of the people I am working with, always with a focus on making the subject accessible and framing the process of art making as a positive experience, whatever the outcome. Although my main focus is painting in oils and acrylics, I have delivered workshops in a wide variety of settings and artforms, including:
- Compelling visuals inspired by cinema
- Painting approaches: Grisaille vs. Alla Prima
- Animal inspired pottery
- Introduction to copper foil stained glass
- Accessible Art History
- Understanding Abstract Art
- How to cope with Criticism
- Developing a sketching habit
Through my work with North Tyneside Art Studio I have also worked with community groups, local government and university students to create projects that use art as a way to support the goals and interests of a range of participants.
If you would like to know more, please get in touch.